Original From: http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?184431... by RatzaTM
For those of you that know me, I got nothing more to add, for those that don't, I'm a guy that loves to shred the game mechanics and squeeze the most potential out of his gear. I'm pretty sure you are already familiar with LastHour's calculator and Mesko's Cabal Char Creator, and I'm also sure you used both of them when comparing your gears and such. If you did the above, then I have some good news for you. Some of you might already be using the WI tool that I posted in my guide, well, here comes the final project that I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.
This small Excel 2007 tool will allow you to compare the different gears in REALTIME, by a simple click and some manual inputs. It's a great tool for trying out various in-game scenarios with various gears, before you actually go and invest tons of alz in it.
For the moment, it is a work in progress, thus why I ask the mods not to move it to guides, because I need help testing the formulas and values (there's tons of data hidden, and I am sure I made some boo-boo's in the various formulas that were used). After it is complete, please feel free to move it anywhere you please, even delete it, but until then, I'd like it in Nevareth, since it's the place to discuss mechanics and features.
Before I even get started, I want to give credit to some folks :
- LastHour ** Dude, you seriously rock with your tools, and I must thank you for taking the time to develop such in-depth Excel tools, I wouldn't have had the patience. Thanks again for the backbone of this project of mine.
- Mesko ** I want to thank you also, for the ideas that your software gave me. I'm sorry you're not going to update it, it would've been an awesome tool, but in the end, I'm glad you aborted it, because this is how my project came to life. Props to you.
- To everyone that ever smashed my brains in PMs ** Thank you for bringing me to the desperation level that was needed to start working on such project. If it weren't for your nagging questions about which is better and why and how and when and all that arguing, I wouldn't have had the nerve to start this, so thank you. And don't ever PM me again, I will ignore it, after this tool is done
I also want to thank Viral for putting up with my random crap on MSN while working on this, and for his ideas and equivalent replies on MSN. He's been my dressed muse for this. This however doesn't mean you don't owe me those beers anymore, weave-man
*NOTE* You will need Excel 2007 or later to view this, because of the INDEX, MATCH and VLOOKUP functions that I used, as well as other stuff. I don't guarantee that it will work properly on other versions.
Instructions (the best way to fill the data is from top to bottom, make sure you don't miss out on anything) :
- DO NOT CHANGE / DELETE / MODIFY the yellow cells, they contain formulas. If you do, redownload the tool or fix them manually.
- All data should be inserted in the red cells, as numbers
1. Insert level (this will give you stats points, Ranks are considered Transcender, minimum level you can insert is 100, attack upgrades are also included)
2. Fill the STR / INT / DEX that your character will use (this has to be adjusted properly when you equip another weapon) - Also take into consideration the armor requirements, this tool won't do it for you. It only does it for weapons.
3. Select the items from the dropdown lists (Type/Class/Upgrade)
4. Manually insert the properties of the items, as numbers (such as 8 and 20 for a 8/20 helm, in their respective fields). Don't forget about Runes and Pet, in the bottom rows.
5. On the right side of the document, insert the bonus stats from RUNES and BELT (if you use such)
6. Select whether you want BM2 or Aura on, or both (remember this will mean you have to change the gear also, or waste CR/CD)
7. Insert the monster's defense in the left field (I usually keep 1400 or so as average defense of mobs in the places where I spend my time, AoS, Rota, IC, etc)
8. Select your active buffs on the right side (Soul Blade will automatically be added)
9. Add effects from Hard Luck or Panic Cry
10. Adjust the skills to the level of your preference, as well as the type of retarget (if available, for BM2).
- You have the minimum damage calculator there, from LastHour
- You can compare 2 different weapons in terms of requirements and bonus in the bottom of the tool
- I also added the Vampiric calculator from the WI guide. It uses the average of the critical hits for the 3 main skills (Trans + Comp + GMaster). Maybe later versions will include the BM values also, but the way I see it, you should adjust your Vampiric for non-BM states and it will be more than sufficient for BM mode also.
Please reply here and I will make a list of "to do" things from your ideas and replies.
I want this tool to become the first and only stop for anyone, new or old in Cabal, when it comes to gear suggestion. I would also like you to add it to your signatures (if you want) to help popularize it, as well as provide the link to the thread to anyone asking for gear suggestions. I think it's high time people started trying out things on their own, with a simple to use tool, and stop asking for others to do their "homework". This will also help the players get rid of the good-gear / bad-gear myths, about what's better to use and what's not, and why should they change their gear and to what.
Feel free to post a redirect link that takes readers here, on your Guild forums, spread the word amongst your friends and guildies, etc. The more that know about this, the better, it will help more people save some precious alz from bad investments and provide me with more accurate replies with which to improve the tool.
I forgot to mention that it also includes a keylogger. (with this, I hope to keep the lesser intelligent people from downloading it and spamming the thread with nonsense).
PPS: Because I love my class too much, I decided to leave the WI aside, and dedicate a whole special file for it. It also includes BM2 stuff and so on.
- First release
- Fixed the WA "Want to know the Weapon requirements in order to adjust the STATS ?" section to properly display stats of weapons
- Added BL sheet with all buffs and data accordingly
- Fixed WA Aura CR / CD bonuses being displayed incorrectly
- Fixed the BL starting stats bonuses and rank-up ATT bonus
- Added protection for each sheet so that only RED cells can be edited
- Removed Windows protection from the worksheet and left the Structure protection only
- Added Fury Shout as buff for BL sheet
- Fixed the BM2 bonus ATT gain for BL (5 more attack than any other BM)
- Fixed the 4th ring CR bonus being linked to the 3rd ring selection.
- Tweaked the ATT gain formula to use rounded down values for X.5 results. (Office was rounding up by default, Cabal uses rounding down). 70.5 = 70 in Cabal not 71 as Excel summed.
- Fixed the WA skills, WA 4th ring
- Added the FA sheet with everything on it (please try it out)
-- Original From: http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?184431...