I created this guide for new players because it might be a bit hard to understand for beginners.
But i have also something for higher players.
Ok this is my Guide:
Step 1 (Where can i upgrade my item?):
First of all we need to find a core alchemist.
U can find one in BI, DS, GD, PL (one in every town, only FR Core Alchemist has not the option)
Now u click on the sentence which i have marked
Step 3 (What do i need to upgrade a item?):
Now a the upgrade window will appear.
There are 3 important columns:
- The item you are upgrading
- Force cores
Step 3.1 (The item you are upgrading):
U can only upgrade items with a slot (the item need a minimum of one slot).
This is a slotted item for example:
Step 3.1 (Force Cores)
U can't upgrade an item without a Force Core.
There are 3 kinds:
Force Low (Is for Aramid/Shadowsteel and lower items)
Force Medium (Is for Titanium and lower items)
Force High (Is for Red Osmium and lower items)
Force Highest (Is for Mithril and lower items)
- For a lvl 1 upgrade only one Force Core is needed.
- For a lvl 2 u need to put 2 Force Cores in the Core slot (Note: A lvl 2 upgrade is completely random)
- U can also put in Upgrade Cores which give u a high success chance, but it's to increase the overall success chance.
A catalyst is another slotted item, it gives u the bonus which you wanna add.
A upgraded Catalyst (means it has a +) increase the success chance (+3%).
Here is a list about what Catalyst adds what bonus:
Enhancement Failure Penalties:
|+0 to +1 - Fail = nothing happens |
+1 to +2 - Fail = nothing happens
+2 to +3 - Fail = nothing happens
+3 to +4 - Fail = nothing happens
+4 to +5 - Fail = -1 to +3
+5 to +6 - Fail = -1 to +4
+6 to +7 - Fail = -6 to +0
- The catalyst used must either be one grade less/equal or many grades higher than the equipment you're upgrading (for example for Titaniumy as a catalyst the lowest grade usable is Bluestien. Anything Titanium or higher is usable)
- If you fail an upgrade, only the catalyst and force core (or upgrade cores) used will be gone. The equip you're upgrading still remains.
- The best lvl 1 Upgrades are hp and critic dmg! (you can only add hp on suits and boots and critic on helms and weopens)
- Gloves are realy special because u can add nothing realy good, many choose Attack+2 or def+2 but u should try a lvl 2 upgrade on gloves (maybe 2% Hp steal or max critic rate 2%)
- "Sword/Magic Amp", "Skill exp +4" or "2 Slot item drop times" in a slot are drops from mobs only (means all mobs have a certain chance for such a drop(a low chance ofc))
- First chance to get a succes is 75% (if you have a double slotted item the second slot will have a 50% chance)
- You Only should use low cores if u want to increase the succes rate!!! (You Will save some money)
-- This article first posted on forum.cabalonline.com by Elmarcyboy